Eighteen-year-old Mark is a new student at Olin. He has spent most of his life in his native Hawaii, but attended a technical high school in California. During his first year of college he is taking mostly the required intro courses (ICB’s etc.), but he was able to cross-register for an Asian Philosophy course at Wellesley. Mark favors mind-expanding activities; his hobbies include playing go, playing board games and puzzle games with the game club and flexing his culinary muscle with the cooking club. To really relax, he will often watch comedies in his floor lounge on weekends. As of yet, he has not assumed any leadership roles in student organizations, but he hopes to take on more responsibilities once he’s better organized and better adapted to Olin life.
- Be able to reserve a room that serves the needs of his organized activities.
- Accomplish tasks on his own, without asking others for too much help.
- Not feel stupid or inadequate in his skills or knowledge.
- Become more organized and adapted to Olin life.
- Become a bigger part of Olinís community.