Linux Larry is a dedicated Computer Science TA at Olin College that loves his job and loves the Olin community. He is very much into open source software, and is currently teaching a Co-Curricular activity in open-source software directed towards Linux users. He has very strong opinions, especially regarding computers, electronics, and programming, and gets rather openly upset at poorly programmed or incompatible software and GUIs. He is very much a gadget person, and owns a PDA, Blackberry, and Tablet PC in addition to his laptop computer. Time efficiency is critical to him. His schedule is very organized, available to anyone who wants to see it, and also linked to his phone and PDA. He depends on his gadgets to keep him up to date as to when things are happening, and does pretty much everything electronically; he hates to print. At home in his apartment, his desk and physical space arenít quite as organized as his schedule, but that doesnít bother him too much. He loves to play WoW and FPS games and can even sometimes be found joining Friendly Fire during one of their Friday night events. In addition to computers, he loves west coast swing dancing, and shooting it up on the basketball court.
- Schedule a recurring meeting for his co-curricular activity quickly and efficiently.
- Operate and navigate software interfaces his way, on his own concept model, without difficulties.
- Eventually have his entire life synched with his electronic gear so that he doesnít have to worry about remembering his many meetings.
- Become a Computer Science professor at a small college, where he can spread the joy of open-source software.
- Wants to rid himself of all unintuitive, poorly programmed software mainly by boycotting all software he doesnít like