HFID is a semester-long design class at Olin College focusing on the design and development of user interfaces. For our course project, we are creating a degree audit program to be used by faculty, staff, and students to plan schedules and track student progress towards graduation.
Final deliverables uploaded! Our presentation (powerpoint with transcript) is on the Phase 7 section, and this concludes our work for the semester. Mel has decided to present this at Expo, so look for a new version of the prototype in about a week, but for the rest of it... t-t-that's all, folks!
Hitting the homestretch! Usability studies have been conducted, and our users have given us lots of positive feedback despite the admittedly crude prototype. We're getting there. Phase 6 deliverables are uploaded, and we're in the midst of a heated debate about how the next one should be structured.
First draft of the second prototype has been uploaded. The ability to choose which degrees to audit is lacking, and the information is extremely sketchy, but the vast majority of the functionality is there. Mel got a crash course in usability today when Nick pointed out that the display was terrible at anything other than 1400x1050 resolution. This is currently still an issue and is under discussion.
The presentation as we gave it in class has been uploaded to the website; there were a few last-minute revisions (mostly shortenings and injections of random humor).
There we go; prototype and walkthrough are up and running, and everything for Phase 5 should be good to go. We apologize for the delay.
Everything should be uploaded except for the actual Flash prototype - if you need access to it, please email Rob.
Feeling slightly rushed. Currently in the middle of uploading our first interactive prototype.
Uploaded all phase 4 tasks. Our low-fidelity interviews went well. Faced with the prospect of pursuing a standard (iAudit/Timeline) version or going crazy on a challenge (AuditBar), we decided to concentrate our efforts for the remainder of the semester on doing something different, so here on out we're all AuditBar. It may well be that iAudit or Timeline turns out to be a better interface for the system, but we feel that they're already explored and fleshed out. AuditBar hasn't been looked at yet. Ambition, anybody?
Uploaded design space into phase 3 deliverables. Strictly speaking, it's not a phase 3 deliverable - but we thought it was important enough to include here, as it'll be informing our design considerably.
Uploaded phase 3 content today and yesterday. We're all badly crunched for time this week, so it's not as comprehensive or style-consistent a display as we'd like, but our ideas are developing nicely.
Fixed bad html in automatic .doc-to-html conversion from Phase 1; all html versions of forms should now be pleasantly readable. The eminent Nick Zola has also corrected a few minor omissions in the deliverables; specifically, an "Interviews" line in Phase 2 Workload Share and Objects/Actions in Phase 2 Conceptual Models.
Interviews (8 of them!) have been completed, to our great joy and edification, and personas have been made complete with pictures courtesy of istockphoto.com and class funding. Phase two deliverables uploaded. Template for content creation made. Adequate rest to be obtained this weekend, finally.
Proposal and consent form (minus contact information) uploaded (html errors in proposal). Nick is compiling a list of questions to ask our first interviewees and Mel is getting internal development space for the team in the ACL lab. Records release form created and uploaded, project management set.
Website constructed. Proposal and consent forms are already completed. Team name has been chosen; the pun was just too good to pass up.